Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Monitor Color

• Please log in to reply

chac

chac

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
Afternoon All

I have a little problem with my monitor

A couple of days ago one of my speakers fell behind my desk and hit the back of my PC, now when this happened the color on my moniter changed and is now very dark, with a red hugh to it

I have tried changing it back under ‘Properties’ etc but to no avail

Any ideas ??

PS. the actual monitor itself was not phyically hit.

Advertisements

HPDV8315LOVER

HPDV8315LOVER

• PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
Make sure you monitor is plugged into your video card all the way. Also try adjusting the contrast of your monitor.

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts

Make sure you monitor is plugged into your video card all the way.

If a VGA cable is partially out in that back then it will cause it not to display certain colors.

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
you said one of your speakers fell behind it? I assume your monitor is a CRT as opposed to an LCD? IF its a CRT it may need to be degaused.... some monitors have a button right on them or it's part of their menu.... if not some also auto degaus on start up.... try turning it off ( actually off not just on standby ) a few times.... barring that you could see if you find someone who can degause it.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Most monitors you can change the three basic colors, red, yellow and blue.
You also change the brightness.
In other words everything could easily be readjusted on the menu, you can access it by using the buttons on your screen.
James

Edited by james_8970, 10 May 2007 - 08:28 PM.