Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PCI Driver & USB Driver & No Sound

• Please log in to reply

pleasehelpmenow

pleasehelpmenow

• PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
After many problems with my old computer, i decided to buy a new one... however,

the driver disc didnt get rid of all the exclaimation marks in device manager, and i have no sound!

how do i fix this??

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
I'm surprised you had to use the driver disc at all on a new PC, it should have been fully working when you set it up. Anyway, there are two ways to proceed:

1. If your new PC sports a big brand name such as Packard Bell, Dell etc., you should visit their website as those companies carry all the drivers -- you just need to know the model number of your PC.

2. If it's built by a smaller company they are less likely to carry drivers on their website (some of them don't even have a website) so then you need to use the motherboard make/model to identify what drivers you need. The maker of the motherboard has the drivers for it.

Download and run Belarc Advisor from here: http://www.belarc.co...e_download.html
Post it's info to the forum as a new topic as it's more likely to get a response that way.