Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Registry Navigation

• Please log in to reply

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
Wondering if there is procedure for navigating Registry. In response to posting by Gerryf concerning "Add/Remove" problems, removing Yahoo Services program in particular. I have re-installed Yahoo! Instant Messenger, but still cannot remove by "Add/Remove Programs" method.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Before getting into that...did you STOP yahoo IM before trying to uninstall?

Yahoo operates in the background all the time, so you would need to CTRL-ALT-DEL and end task on ypager. When the process is no longer running, then you run add and remove.

--------------------------------------------------

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
Replying to Gerryf concerning removing yahoo! Programs I think more detail is required. Here it is.

Add/Remove list goes like this(Windows, Explorer programs excepted)

Yahoo! Address AutoComplete
Yahoo! Internet Mail
Yahoo! Messenger
Yahoo! Messenger Explorer Bar
Yahoo! Toolbar

I am trying to remove "Yahoo! Internet Mail"

The only thing showing up as running processes after CNTRL-ALT-DEL that referes to Yahoo programs is "Ypager"

Please advise.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
END PROGRAM on Ypager, then use add/remove control panel and it should remove the rest.

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
Re Gerryf's idvice concerning removal of Yahoo! Programs. I removed Ypager from running by "end-tasking after CNTRL-ALT-DEL, then went to "Add-Remove Programs and individually highlighted various Yahoo! functions. After third try Wise Installation Wizard window appeared and I followed instructions to the end.
I rebooted and these programs remained under "Add/Remove Programs listing.
Yahoo!Messenger disappeared from desktop, but remained in Add/Remove Listings. I went to Windows Explorer and under "C" deleted Yahoo folder and sent it to Trash Bin where it remains.

Where do I go from here. I'm sure this Yahoo! business is sucking my ram resources.

sunny441

sunny441

• PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
The best program that i have ever come across to clean out registry and maintain startup list and remove dead programs from your add/remove list is REG CLEANER 4.3 by Jouni Vuorio.

Its an awesome program that lets yu do a lot and is also very easy to use

have fun guys

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
Thanks to Sunny441. Downloaded RegCleaner. Works great. Problem solved.

sunny441

sunny441

• PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
Cool!! Hope that something worked for someone!!! :tazz:

have fun