Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MediaWiki MySQL problem

• Please log in to reply

Supercalifragilistic

Supercalifragilistic

• PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
Okay, first of all, I don't know how to use MySQL, but I got a guide, which says the following:

create database wikidb;
grant create, select, insert, update, delete, lock tables on wikidb.* to 'wikiuser'@'localhost' identified by 'password';
flush privileges;
\q

so I changed it to:

create database wikidb;
grant create, select, insert, update, delete, lock tables on wikidb.* to 'looie'@'mysql5.freepgs.com' identified by 'xxxxxxxx';
flush privileges;
\q

but I get an error:

#1044 - Access denied for user 'looie'@'%' to database 'wikidb'

I only have 1 database, "looiedatabase" which is empty, and it says unlimited databases are allowed.

Anyone know the problem?

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Where did you enter that?

Do you have cPanel access?

Supercalifragilistic

Supercalifragilistic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
Ah, nevermind. I found out the problem. That was a command for a root or su. I had to go into the MySQL panel and create a database, which I alread had, so I had to skip that part.

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Thought it might be something like that. But you gave very little info so I could not say so yet.
Good to know you fixed it :whistling:

Oh your user names lacks the expeealadocus....