Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Faulty Internet Connection

• Please log in to reply

Dragoonboy

Dragoonboy

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Howdy, this appears to be something that has happened after some malware removal. No HJT log because I believe it's unrelated, and I do have a little computing knowledge. I've removed several things in the past.

My main problem sources from about half a year ago though. Even on dial-up, I would eventually get a disconnect, and then no web pages or web services would work, I would be forced to reboot in order to fix the problem. I now have the same exact problem, DSL modem and, in rare cases where I am forced to reboot, can take up to twenty or twenty five times to get it to stay connected online. RWAR!

Also on a sidenote, possibly related, I have to reinstall my audio codecs each time i reboot windows, any ideas what could be going on?

Mucho thanks in advance, and again, I believe this is the aftermath of something I may have removed, or quite possibly a hardware confrontation I brought upon myself, just wondering if anyone else has had similar problems, and what can be done to remedy!

Advertisements

OldTimer

OldTimer

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 3,273 posts
Hi Dragoonboy. This is the forum for Viruses and Malware. If you would like to post a HijackThis log here I will be glad to take a look at it. Your problem might or might not be related to malware (it never hurts to check).

Otherwise I would post this message in the forum that is pertinent to your operating system and let those folks see if they have an answer for you.

Cheers.

OT

Dragoonboy

Dragoonboy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Sure, where should I post this at?

I'm positive I got rid of the malware, but signs of the past damage still remains, with some files being tampered and needing a repair here and there, but nothing that links together with the program any more ^_^

OldTimer

OldTimer

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 3,273 posts
To post a HijackThis log follow these directions: We need a complete HijackThis (HJT) log file to be able to analyze what is happening on your computer. If you do not have a copy of HijackThis or do not have the latest version (1.99.1) then download it from here: HijackThis_sfx.exe. Double-click on the file you just downloaded and click on the UnZip button to install the program. It will be installed to the C:\Program Files\HijackThis\ directory by default.

Start HijackThis and click the Do a system scan and save a log button to perform a scan and create a log file. When the scan is complete, Notepad will open up with the log file in it. While in Notepad, press Ctrl-A to select all text and then Ctrl-C to copy the text to the clipboard.

POST the log in this thread using the Add Reply button. Click in the data-entry window and press Ctrl-V to paste the log into the window. Add any other comments which you believe might be helpful in our analysis. and click the Add Reply button.

I will review your log when it comes in.

DO NOT MAKE ANY CHANGES OR CLICK "FIX CHECKED" UNTIL I CHECK THE LOG, AS SOME OF THE FILES ARE LEGIT AND VITAL TO THE FUNCTION OF YOUR COMPUTER

OT

Dragoonboy

Dragoonboy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
sorry, I meant where do I post this thread, not the HJT log silly :tazz:

sorry for the mess up on wordplay, my bad ;)

OldTimer

OldTimer

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 3,273 posts
Hey Dragoonboy. Why don't you try in the Internet and Browsers forum. Here's the link:

http://www.geekstogo...owsers-f26.html

Cheers.

OT