Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How do I save videos?

• Please log in to reply

demirkol

demirkol

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
I was wondering where do the videos I watch online from youtube get saved in? I forgot where it gets saved.

Advertisements

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
They don't get saved they are streaming videos.

demirkol

demirkol

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
they do get saved I remember doing it once thats why

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Yes they do get saved in a temp folder however as soon as you see another video on youtube or you watch another flash video they are gone.

demirkol

demirkol

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
can I please have a link to that folder

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
I did a HD search for one of YouTube.com's videos (http://www.youtube.com/v/voAntzB7EwE) by using voAntzB7EwE as the search word. Nothing found on HD. Tuxmaster is correct for streaming videos. You are allowed to post a video if you register for an account.

Ron

demirkol

demirkol

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
From what I remember when you watch a video on youtube it gets saved in a temp folder all i want is that.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
If it had been, I would have found the video I watched, then got the URL and name of. It was not found in ANY folder. Windows has a temp folder. You can look in there if you want and search HD for other temp folders to look in.

Ron

ntshclr

ntshclr

• Pip
  • 8 posts
If you are using the Mozilla Firefox browser, there is an extension that will allow you to download videos from many popular hosting sites. It's called "VideoDownloader".

demirkol

demirkol

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
I know those websites and extensions its just that the extension doesnt help me out with the website im using