Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP Professional 2007

• Please log in to reply

des1o

des1o

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
I like XP alot. I was wondering if microsoft made a XP Professional 2007, cause I heard rumors about it. I'm thinking about staying with XP, unless Vista is a better package. I'm also considering Windows Vista Ultimate. Any suggestions?

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Haven't heard anything about a XP Professional 2007 version, but Vista is fine for the latest PCs coming out that have the processing power and memory to run it. Stick with XP. Dell has listened to customers and now shipping new PC's with XP again instead of Vista.

Ron

des1o

des1o

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Thanks for the advice man. I think I will stick with XP. I hope they make an XP 2007!

-JR

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
I don't think M$ will make a 2007 version of XP as they are really pushing Vista. Not many people are "standing in line" for M$' supposedly latest and greatest Vista package.

Ron

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
are you thinking of microsoft office 2007? there is no such thing as XP 2007...why would they make an updated XP when they just released vista?

des1o

des1o

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
I wanted it because one of my professors said that he wasn't getting Vista. He was getting "XP Professional 2007." But anyways, I guess I will stick out with XP as long as I can.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Your professor is mistaken. :whistling:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts