Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE explorer and other internet browsers close

• Please log in to reply

Saviot

Saviot

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Windows XP Home...might want to know that stuffs.

Ok,

This morning I woke to find that any time I opened IE, the browser would close auto. I also have Trillian, and this was showing as being connected to the net, however, when I opened a window to type, as soon as I typed, the window would close...and then later the whole program would close also.

Tried system restore, but it fails to restore itself.

I have read some old threads, and advice there would be to try downloading this, or that, but I can't open a browser to do so. I have tried several clever ways to open a browser, and even had my GF IM me to see what would happen. The IM came through, but as soon as I typed in the txt bar, the whole prog closed again. Tried opening a game that gathered live updates from the web, but all info could not be found. So I got out the trusty PSP, and put Mozzilla on it(from my friends PC) and then put it on mine. Still doesn't work. Browser stays open, but nothing is recieved. Any suggestions? I'll even consider pitching the machine out the window if you think it will help(j/k).

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Saviot, 09 May 2007 - 08:29 AM.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Pitching the PC out the window won't help and may even get you arrested! Might be time to consider a re-install of Windows or using the Recovery discs, whichever applies in your case.