Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help My computer keeps rebooting

• Please log in to reply

Felicia D.

Felicia D.

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I need help cause I dont know much about computers and I dont want to earse my hard dirve since I have alot of pictures I will never get back if I do. My problem is my computer keeps rebooting and I can only use the safe mode and when I shut down the computer and then turn it back on it looks like everything is fine and the then it reboots it self at the windows loading screen and goes back to a blackpage with white letters asking me If I want to use the safe mode. I need help I would really apprieciate it thankyou

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Items in blue which are underlined are clickable to give more information about the process

Download and install Everest Home Edition

Run the programme, click + next to computer then summary

Look on the right for display / video adapter

Look at the manufacturer’s site for the suitable drivers for your Operating System

If you are unable to find them, please post the make and model here before you download anything

Please set a system restore point before you install anything

Felicia D.

Felicia D.

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
do you want me to post the make and model here or when I'm in the process of doing what you told me to? :whistling:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You only need to post the make and model if you are unable to find the drivers

Felicia D.

Felicia D.

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
so is that all I have to do? or is there more?