Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

World of Warcraft and Connection Issues

• Please log in to reply

Twiztnin223

Twiztnin223

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
I play World of Warcraft and use ventrilo at the same time. My computer is connected to a router.

I just bought a new eMachines T5212 (Processor: Intel Pentium D 805 2.66 GHz, RAM: 1 GB 533 MHz DIMM 240-pin DDR II SDRAM, Video: Nvidia 7600 GS, Hard drive: 200 GB 7200 rpm, Network Adapter: Integrated) last year and around the same time, I needed to reset my router (bought in 98).

Since then, my computer has been making WoW lag up and ventrilo will disconnect every now and then. I don't hear anyone talking for a little while and then I will hit my "push to talk" key and it will disconnect me.

I have tried switching out my network card in my PC thinking it may have been faulty, but it still does the same thing.

I never had this problem with my old computer so I'm confused as to what the problem is. I'm considering buying a new router, but I want opinions first.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
make sure your pc is in the dmz zone. This is done through your router settings.

Does ventrilo give you an error message or does it drop and then reconnect?

Did you use the latest drivers for you sound card?

Dario65

Dario65

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I am a WOW fiend and I play and Vent and listen to tunes all at the same time only thing that happens to me on occassions is Blizzard disconnects me