Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MAXTOR SATA 150 PCI CARD INSTALL

• Please log in to reply

Nickyboy

Nickyboy

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey
I have installed the above PCI card just like it says and everything went fine according to the manual. However, on booting the PC says a Promise SATA console is not found and BIOS not installed. When XP is ready, it asks me for the driver for the console. Its not on the cd, automatic installation doesnt work, its not in the XP list of devices, Maxtor.com and Promise.com don`t help either. The Promise device is now listed in the "other devices" and I don`t have a clue what to do. The Maxtor SCSI part of the install is fine. Its just this Promise thing, which isnt even in the manual. The Promise chip on the PCI card numbered PCD20375. The BIOS on boot is 1.00.0....33. Will I be right in assuming I cannot connect a new hard drive to the card with this problem?

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Hi Nickyboy welcome to GTG <_<

Have you tried this driver?
http://www.maxtor.co...s&downloadID=26

Nickyboy

Nickyboy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Cannot find server when I try that link <_<

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Their server seems to be down, try again later. <_<

Nickyboy

Nickyboy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Dam Server`s always down. I`m gonna just flog it. Or throw the dam thing in the bin. maxtor suck <_<

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
<_< Still not working for me either--strange. :D