Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SUN JAVA

• Please log in to reply

deb306

deb306

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
I had to do a F-disk and Quick Restore several days ago. With doing both, I did not know what I was doing, so don't know if everything that should have loaded, loaded.

I am having problems with trying to get any online game to open for game play. I've tried several times with no results. The game site I usually play on is Pogo.com and when I've had problems with Java in the past, I followed their instructions and it worked. Pogo instructed another download of Sun Java which I did and games still wont work/open. Before I ran F-disk and QR I did'nt have these problems. Any suggestions. My operating system is: Windows "ME".

Thanks !!!
:whistling:

Edited by deb306, 09 May 2007 - 06:45 PM.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
I wonder if perhaps you downloaded the wrong distribution of Java, as there is one for developers and one for simply running java applets on your local machine (that's the one you need). It's called the "Java Runtime Environment". It's the top-most download link entitled:
"Windows Offline Installation, multi-language"

https://sdlc3e.sun.c...AB445E3196BECB#

deb306

deb306

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
PiP;

I think your right, I did download the wrong Java but even after I got the right Java downloaded, no response at all. It really doesn't matter because had another systems crash yesterday (5/12/07) had to do another Quick Restore which was done right this time, everything loaded properly and was a true QR. During the Updating, it finally got my Java Runtime Appl to download and things work great now. I will be so glad when this drama is over.

Thanks 4 your help !!!
:whistling: