Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Crashed and Burn

• Please log in to reply

polyphemusitusi

polyphemusitusi

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello. First off, i hope this is in the right part of the forums.
Ok, so now, i got my Dell laptop on christmas day. That was about 5 months ago. I was on my laptop last night at about 11:30 pm. it worked fine. I get home today at around 3 pm. I get on my laptop and i can't really do anything. I keep trying to delete this account i made on accident, but every time i click delete account, it stops, and says (not responding) and everything freezes, so then i have to shut down the computer manually, so then i turn it on, start up my anti-virus, scan computer, i leave it going, i come back 20 minutes later, i see it scanned 900 files, and i know i have way more, like any computer so i clicked it and it became unresponsive, and i had to again manually shut down the computer. What can i do? I think if i delete the account it will help, and is there a way to like restart my computer? all i use it for is like word, and web browsing monstly, and a couple games i can re install. And i was typing and my "J" key broke... is this anywhere near like able to return for a new same laptop? :whistling: Any and all help appreciated.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
First, the broken key. As the laptop is only five months old it should still be covered by the warranty but it depends what exclusions it has. Nothing to lose by contacting the supplier first to see what they say. Failing that, go the makers website and see what info you can glean from that regarding warranty claims.

Secondly, the startup problem. Hold down F8 as sson as you turn it on and you should get an "Advanced Startup Menu". Highlight "Last known good configuration" with up/down arrow keys (or press relevant number key) then press [Enter]. Hopefully Windows will start properly.