Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sound Card Driver Help

• Please log in to reply

sleepingman

sleepingman

• Pip
  • 4 posts
hi,im new to this forum and first than anything,excuse my english(rusty...)
i have exactly the same problem (as found HERE,i downloaded the drivers from hp and succeeded in instaling the UAA but when i try and instal the high definition driver it says that it cant find the MEDIA
obs:i justed tried with vista drivers and they recognized but didnt installed....
my laptop is a HP pavilion dv9082ea
if you could say something that might help i would be very thankfull.
also if u could give some advice about the others drivers it would be helpfull too

thanks.

edit:

i forgot to tell that this problem is mostly about the sound drivers..... :whistling:

Edited by Fenor, 10 May 2007 - 05:59 AM.

Advertisements

zbd

zbd

• PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
How to install drivers info here.

http://www.cyberwalk...rivers-faq.html

http://www.pcstats.c...t...1583&page=7

sleepingman

sleepingman

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
thanks for the links but i know what i must do the problem is that the drivers from HP dont work and the device doesnt show in the system manager....
i've downloaded several drivers (for my laptop and for others similar) and none works,the only one that recognizes the sound board(i think that is a conexant high definition audio and modem something :whistling: ) is the one for Vista but althought it is recognize by the driver it doesnt install....
Posted Image
this is the driver(at least the one for my laptop) that doesnt work,well this is the bigest problem i have.

thanks for the help so far :blink:

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts

the device doesnt show in the system manager....

This is not tippicly a good thing anything in your device manager with a !, x, or ?

If it is just no there then is this a Portable or a desktop.

sleepingman

sleepingman

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
i didnt explain corectly:it shows a lot of unknow devices but i dont know wich one is the right one

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
What is the egzact error message that you are getting when you try to install the drivers is it just that it is asking for midea when you run the install wizzard. Did you try redownloading the drivers.

sleepingman

sleepingman

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
the problem is: i must install a driver called Universal audio archeteture(bad spelling i know) and then install the drivers for the sound board,they are the conexant high definition drivers i tried a lot of drivers from HP,the ones that match my laptop and others versions.the error message is :the driver couldnt find the MEDIA in this pc (or something very similar).
i've (just to see what happens) tried to install the Vista drivers and they reconigze the media,didnt install.
i'm installing vista temporay just because i realy need to get my laptop working but as soon as i know how to resolve this problem i'm going back to xp.

thanks for your help.i'm hopping that you or someone knows how to solve my problem.