Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

computer won't turn on

• Please log in to reply

phenom5505

phenom5505

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i have a compaq laptop that i purchased in 2005 i downloaded alot of music from limewire on it, and a belive that it has a virus or multiple viruses on it. i would like to kno how i can make it turn on again

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
If the laptop is completely dead, aka nothing will appear on the screen, then it's probably not a virus but rather a hardware issue. Am I correct in assuming the laptop doesn't turn on at all, that it is indeed completely dead?

Fenor

phenom5505

phenom5505

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
yea its completely dead, the light doesnt even turn on when i plug it in to indicate that its charging

Edited by phenom5505, 10 May 2007 - 10:47 AM.

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
does a light come on the power adaptor? Maybe the power adaptor is bad.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts

does a light come on the power adaptor? Maybe the power adaptor is bad.

Good idea. That is what I was going to suggest, that you check the power supply and the power cord.

Fenor