Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Network Cable Unplugged

• Please log in to reply

Tru Techie

Tru Techie

• PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
alrite, here's the setup. i connected the ethernet cable to my computer to download the driver for a wireless card that was connected. cable worked fine, i downloaded the driver, installed it, no success. so i thought maybe i should change the PCI slot its in. i shut down the computer, change the slot, boot it up. still no wireless card, BUT new problem, the ethernet cable is not working either, the LED at the port isnt lighting up. but the hardware says its functioning normally in the Device Manager. i've tried so many things. plz i need help, all my culminating projects for school are needed to be done, and i need the internet! plz and thank you.

Advertisements