Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

High Power USB?

• Please log in to reply

colavsfan

colavsfan

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
I have an older computer that I know does not have a High Speed USB port, i.e. only 1.1, but how can I tell if any of them are a high power USB port. I recently purchased a new cell phone that I want to connect to my PC ( a motorazor), but the razor needs a high power USB connection (or so the manual says). My OS is XP SP2. I don't actually have the cable to connect the cell, I want to make sure it will work before I go out and buy one. Thanks.

~ColAvsFan

Advertisements

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
It should still work just at slower rates.
James

colavsfan

colavsfan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Well I will try it sometime, dont know when, thanks!

colavsfan

colavsfan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
After some headaches, and some Windows troubleshooting tips, my cell phone connects to my computer just fine.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Glade to hear it works, it's never easy to get these up and going it seems. Always the smallest things sets it off and it won't work, but when they work, it's the greatest thing in the world. :whistling:
James

colavsfan

colavsfan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Glade to hear it works, it's never easy to get these up and going it seems. Always the smallest things sets it off and it won't work, but when they work, it's the greatest thing in the world. :whistling:
James

Indeed, it wasnt until Windows suggested I unplug the phone, turn it off, turn it back on, and reconnect that it decided to work. And my computer's USB cable must have enough power because it will indeed charge my phone also.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Glade to hear everything is working great.
JAmes