Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

EstaLive. Spyware keeps being Picked up by AOL Spyware?

• Please log in to reply

• PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
None of my other Spyware programs have picked this up, but every single time my computer starts up AOL Spyware Detection keeps poping up scanning and finds it everytime, and blocks it every time

I know theres something on my computer because its been running very slow for a while, and every program I seem to scan my computer with hasnt helped my problem.

Iv also posted an Hi-Jack this log not too long ago, and somebody said everything seemed fine so I don't know.

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
If you feel confident editing the Registry (deleting a single key), this may work.

1. Disable your antivirus real-time protection temporarily.

2. Now click Start->Run. Type REGEDIT and click OK. The Registry Editor will open.

and remove this sub-key (by selecting it and then pressing the Del key): {A2B7A0F0-B697-4A71-8D91-43443F57D7BB}

Before deleting that sub-key, make quite sure it's the exact same string as shown above. If that string doesn't exist, Don't Delete Anything.
I suggest instead you submit a new HJT log to the Malware forum.

4. Close the Registry Editor window.

5. Re-enable your anti-virus real-time protection.

Edited by pip22, 11 May 2007 - 08:14 AM.