Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Easiest language

• Please log in to reply

Bobbi Flekman

Bobbi Flekman

The Computer Whisperer

• Expert
  • 3,761 posts
  • MVP

The first and the second are easier to grasp than the last. Same is also true in programming languages.

That's all a matter of what you're used to. As far as I can see you're from the Netherlands, so you grew up with Dutch. To you that's easy. Someone from Japan wouldn't know why that would be easy, since he's used to Japanese.

hey brner i red all of your explanations about the languages actually i m learning C# in .net enviroment but i have a problem about polymorfism,inheritance,abstract class or methods and also i cant make my asp.net work.could you give some help here...(i m running windows xp pro on my computer)
thanks to everybody from now who ll atend to help!!!

Can't help you with the .asp thing, but what is the problem with polymorfism, inheritance, etc...?

Advertisements

Ojoshiro

Ojoshiro

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
I wasn't talking about understanding the language, I was talking about what constructions you need to describe something in it.

90+8 is obviously simpler than 20*4+10+8, just count factors. Maybe you're more used to using 4 values to describe one, but using 2 is still simpler. Regardless what language you're used to. :tazz:

K.

LazyStudent

LazyStudent

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
In my opinion learning C progarmming is a good start for a newbie. C has been around for so long and is still going strong.

stu_design

stu_design

• PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
I think Visual Basic 6 is the easiest to learn

then Java

Then C++

Yep

Stu Design

rockwall

rockwall

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I have written games in python and I think it's the best language out there. it has easy syntax and support for a lot of things. I started out doing 2d programming after getting a book called 'python game programming for the absolute beginner'. Now I’m programming full 3d in it. :tazz:

in_texas_dallas

in_texas_dallas

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
Choosing a language should be determined more by what you want to do. If you want to make programs and do anything more than a one step program with more than a simple gui than C++ is the answer. It is fairly difficult to learn, but there are some great tutorials to be found online. It used to be that people would write the actual program core in C++ and write the GUI in Visual Basic, but than visual c++ came out and people went completely to Visual C++.

That's not to say that other languages have no power, but if youw ant to do something complex and want the program to run fast and smooth, then C++

the_gh0st

the_gh0st

• PipPip
  • 49 posts

the one with the turtle was called logo i believe

LOGO is a programming language used in the software MicroWorldsEX. It is commonly used in schools (I got it running on our school computers). It gives a very easy way to think of programming: everything you use is a Turtle (object).

However, I suggest Ruby. It is THE BEST PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE EVER. EVER.

A person named Why the lucky stiff made a very obscure book: why's (poingiant) guide to ruby

Once you've mastered ruby, then you can use Ruby on Rails to make webpages.

www.tryruby.hobix.com
www.rubyonrails.org
www.ruby-lang.org

Thef0rce

Thef0rce

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
easiest? probably html. but if you want to describe a high level function in as few statements as possible, haskell is the clear winner.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
gw basic.....or maybe spanish...not real sure

EMCguy

EMCguy

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
I'd stay away from fortran 77 and cobol 360. And I'd avoid Hollerith cards too :tazz:

Best regards,

EMCguy

Advertisements

Hai Mac

Hai Mac

• PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
Visual Basic definitely. I started off with that one - eg. quite easy to debug compared to C. Python is relatively easy too, has clear syntax and is robust.

Edited by Hai Mac, 24 February 2006 - 03:16 AM.

comanighttrain

comanighttrain

• PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
JAVA!!!!! java is good for getting a solid grounding in programming. Python is good too. Vusual basic is good but dont expect to get much from it, its a dead end language.

Hai Mac

Hai Mac

• PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
I don't expect much from VB, apart from its ease of use. VB's support for OOP is a real rubbish. Nevertheless, I grasped the basics of programming through VB and then managed to move to C, PHP etc..

Namingishard

Namingishard

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Python is by far (if you ask me) the easiest programming language to learn, its great as a first language, in fact i dont see how it could be any better for learning to program. once you learn Python (or any language) any language you try and pick up later will be easier.
I hear Ruby and Perl are good to if for some reason you dont want to use Python.

tiroshii

tiroshii

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
Well, it depends what you mean by easy. If you concentrate enough on anything, it can be easy.

I'm currently learning C++ in my A level Computer Studies Course, so far it's not been too difficult.