Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Friends Computer Error Help

• Please log in to reply

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts
Well I ran Windows Washer on my friends computer, and it washed 1 GB of IE temp files. But while it did this, an error popped up in the tool bar. Please help me with this error so I can fix my friends computer.

Please put the file in JPEG format next time so that it isn't almost 1.5MB in size. I have changed the file to JPEG format this time.

Posted Image

Edited by Fenor, 12 May 2007 - 06:00 AM.

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
wwDisp.exe is part of the Window Washer software from Webroot. I would just uninstall the software and the problem will go away. :whistling:

Fenor

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Fenor is correct about the file wwDisp.exe belonging to Window Washer. Removing and re-installing it may correct the problem if you would like to continue using Window Washer, or you can remove it and install a similar, free product called "Ccleaner" which has never caused me any problems.
You can get it here: http://www.majorgeek...wnload4191.html

I recommend you get it from the link above (not the ccleaner website) because it is the "slim" version which does not include the Yahoo Toolbar which you may not want. If you get ccleaner from the ccleaner website it will install the Yahoo Toolbar unless you de-select that option.

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts
Now is that similar to ATF Cleaner or not?

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Yes it is. ATF is what I would suggest over CCleaner, but I'm biased because I know the person who created ATF... :whistling:

But seriously, it is better then CCleaner.

Fenor

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts
Ok thank you both pip22 and fenor.

One last question, is it really possible that Windows Washer removed 1GB of temp internet files. It also moved a lot of temp Windows files and I just stopped it becuase I received that error and didn't wan't to screw up his computer. Becasue that seems a little too extreme...

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
On a computer that isn't cleaned that often, removing 1GB isn't that unusual. I've cleaned up almost 4GB on a machine before.

Fenor