Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Am I an Admin?

• Please log in to reply

CaptainBuck

CaptainBuck

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I am trying to unistall Photo POS Pro from a machine I am an administrator on. I have tried doing it lagged on under my user name and in safe mode as administrator. I get an error message that says I do not have sufficent privleges. Please see administrator. Is there a way to set the administrators privleges in XP? Can someone help?

Advertisements

psychocheesemaster

psychocheesemaster

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Hi, this may help and it may not, just look to see don't necessarily change anything yet.....

Start up your computer normally, then go to "star", "Control Panel", "user accounts", and then check out your profile.

If at all in this time you get lost, don't change anything you don't know what it is, either leave it or just check back here

P.S. When you get into your "user accts", make sure your profile is set to administrator, if not click on in and open it and change your profile to admin. If you get confused just ask more question here :whistling::blink:

I hope this helped,

Cheese

CaptainBuck

CaptainBuck

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I am set as an administrator.

1101doc

1101doc

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 909 posts
It may be that some aspect of the program you want to remove is still running. Sometimes there is a background process or service that does not stop when you shut down the main program. Xp does not think that anyone has the privelege of removing a running program by use of an uninstaller. Make sure that all components of the program have been stopped by conventional means, and then try the uninstall again.

CaptainBuck

CaptainBuck

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
You were right. There must have been something running. I ended up manually shutting down everything that was listed as a user process and then uninstalling the application. Does anyone know how to get a list of processes that are running in the background eeven though the application has been shut down?

1101doc

1101doc

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 909 posts
Sysinternals free Process Explorer is a help: http://www.microsoft...ssExplorer.mspx (Download link at bottom of page) Take a little time to become familiar with all the processes that are displayed. For a list of places to check out processes, see my Vox: http://doc1101.vox.com/ To visit the "links" just copy and paste the URLs to your browser address bar in a new tab.