Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Laptop IE 6 is screwed up

• Please log in to reply

nic777

nic777

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Ok, to start out im on a bad keyboard so i will mis type...ANYWAYS on this laptop im working on after i defraged i got all these snap-in errors and dll errors...i did the sfc /scannow trick..helped some, then i googled some problems, fixed some..now its just WAY WAY to slow to load a IE..not oly that when i go to a link it loads the link and makes a enternet explorer page behind the opened link and the link takes 5-15 mins to load usaly never loads and just has a WHITE Screen ..i cant even do the simple msn Iming and check mail because the IE WANTS to be on top..and its just too slow and when i check mail it wont load..i found out msn live "exe"s are not to happyand have lots of bug in them but it still is slow to load a msn page or e-bay, i checked the adds and quality of them is to low, this all started after defraging the hd then i repaired it a couple of times and am still working on it.

Please Help, tried to be as detailed as possible. Nic

Advertisements

nic777

nic777

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Anyone know??

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Is your computer slow just when accessing the internet or is it slow all the time?

What type of bandwidth do you pay for?

Do you have High Speed internet if so what type?

nic777

nic777

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
1 meg speed, only slow when i do some downloads or multiple windows...and mainly when i go to updates i get 2 IE windows, one is a blank white screen and one is the update page.

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Slow when doing downloads is normal.

Are you using IE6 or IE7