Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Drivers For Ethernet Card

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
****************NEVERMIND I FOUND THE DRIVERS I WAS LOOKING FOR******************

I recently Downgraded from Windows Vista to Windows XP Pro the only problem I am having is Vista was installed on the computer when I bought it so now I do not have any of my drivers. I have found all but 1, my ethernet card which is a 10/100 Ether Net Card. The computer is a HP Pavilion Slimline s7700n if anyone could help me get that back I would greatly appreciate it.

Edited by pred_x, 12 May 2007 - 05:32 PM.

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Drivers for ethernet network cards are almost always internal Microsoft drivers installed with the operating system if the card was present when Windows was installed. So the driver you require is on the XP Pro CD. That's why network cards when purchased separately don't come supplied with a driver -- Windows supplies it built-in.

I suggest you power-off the PC, remove the network card from it's slot, put it back. reboot and hopefully this will trigger Windows to install the driver or prompt you for the XP CD so it can copy it from there.