Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable to Boot From Windows CD PROPERLY

• Please log in to reply

cruz07

cruz07

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Greetings,

My Computer is currently running mischeviously slower than usual. It is starting to get really frustrating...

Please Help Me...

Thanks, Cruz

Problems Include: Internet Explorer constantly closing, Computer fully slowing down

ETC...

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Hi cruz07. Welcome to Geeks to Go!

Did the problems pop up suddenly or gradually? If suddenly, it could be malware. If slowly, it could just be time for a thorough clean-up.

Do you have a reliable Antivirus software installed? Is it updated and do you run full system scans regularly? If you haven't scanned recently, do that now. If anything is found, it might be wise to visit the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty (and you may not be) then post a hijackthis log in THE MALWARE FORUM forum.
(Posting HiJack This logs in any other forum other than the malware forum is forbidden. If you post an HJT log in any other forum, it will be removed and it will take you longer to get help, so please make sure you only post HJT logs in the malware forum)

If you are still having problems after getting the "all-clear" from the malware expert, please return to this thread.

cruz07

cruz07

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Thanks for that, However, I would like to do a fresh install of Windows as I have already saved required data I need. I have a genuine windows cd, but whenever i boot from cd It loads then it says cd drive not found....

Something is definately wrong (but the cd drive works in windows???)

cruz07

cruz07

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Whenever I boot from windows cd it starts up normaly then when i press enter to install windows i get an error that my cd drive could not be found???

And the cd drive works perfectly in windows...

I do have some virtual drives...

I have an ASUS P5GD1-VM Motherboard

and a Sony DVD SCSI CDROM drive ( I m pretty sure)

and when I have the option to boot from cd it says IT8211 D0 strange? yes and in the BIOS its down as a harddrive????

I need your help as i want to do a fresh install of Windows ASAP

Darkcode

Darkcode

• Pip
  • 7 posts
i there did you downgrade from vista or something why are u booting from cd whats the reason?

Darkcode

Darkcode

• Pip
  • 7 posts
check ya bios is it a sata drive

cruz07

cruz07

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Nah I wanna do a fresh install again

cruz07

cruz07

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Bios says thats its an ATAPI CD

so i boot from it and it works, but then windows cd when i press enter to install says no cd drive found?

Darkcode

Darkcode

• Pip
  • 7 posts
does it just say no CD drive detected or does it have and error code
P.S what version of windows u installing home or pro

Darkcode

Darkcode

• Pip
  • 7 posts
sounds like a HAL problem try this

Force in a system HAL
To prevent Windows XP from automatically determining the system HAL during the upgrade or the installation of Windows XP, you can manually force in a system HAL. To force in a system Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL) during an upgrade or installation of Windows XP, follow these steps:
1. During the Text-mode phase of the Setup program, when you receive the following message across the bottom of the screen, press F5:
Press F6 if you have to install a third-party SCSI or RAID driver.
Note If you press F7, the Standard PC HAL loads and the ACPI compliance check is bypassed.
2. You receive the following list of computer types. A brief description of each HAL is included here:
• ACPI Multiprocessor PC
Applies to a multiple-processor ACPI computer.
• ACPI Uniprocessor PC
Applies to an ACPI multiple-processor board but with a single processor installed.
• Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) PC
Applies to a single processor motherboard with single processor.
• Compaq SystemPro Multiprocessor or 100% Compatible
Applies to a Compaq SystemPro computer.
• MPS Uniprocessor PC
Applies to non-ACPI computers dual processor motherboard with a single processor installed.
• MPS Multiprocessor PC
Applies to non-ACPI computers with a dual processor running.
• Standard PC
Applies to any Standard PC, non-ACPI, or non-MPS. The CPU may be a 386, a 486, a Pentium, a Pentium II, or a Pentium III.
• Standard PC with C-Step i486
• Other

Advertisements

cruz07

cruz07

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I tried that thing and i get the same problem.... pressed f5 and it all was sweet then it got to the press enter for instal windows then i get this error, "Setup cannnot find a cdrom device make sure your cdrm drive is on and properly connected (which it is how else did i double click the cd rom drive) to your computer. FOR SCSI CD ROM drive, make sure your scsi devices are terminated...setup cannnot continue press f3 to exit

Whiskeyman

Whiskeyman

• PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
What is your system's hardware specifications?

Whiskeyman

Whiskeyman

• PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
You should keep your posts concerning the same problem together. You need to load the SCSI drivers for the DVD drive during the install so the drive is recognized.

cruz07

cruz07

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Acording to Belarc Advisor...

404.73 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
235.99 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

MagicISO Virtual DVD-ROM0000 [CD-ROM drive]
SONY DVD RW DW-D26A SCSI CdRom Device [CD-ROM drive] - This is my only one ( i only have one cd drive)
TR5125W ZPD235M SCSI CdRom Device [CD-ROM drive]
3.5" format removeable media [Floppy drive]

What do i do to fix this?

and my computer is fully compatible with Windows

cruz07

cruz07

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
neone please help me all i wanna do is completely wipe the computer...i have a windows cd please help me !!!