Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Confused, need help please!

• Please log in to reply

nonosma

nonosma

• PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
I went to defrag my hard drive the other day and it seems that my defrag stuff is no longer on my comp.
I have no idea what happened to it, as I am not a frequent user of this thing, but I am now not able to compact my files, and have a need to. Is there somewhere to get this software or to dl it to get it back/ Or could this be a bigger problem? Also, I have some weird stuff staring in my start up of my comp. I have an E-Fat something or other and also I have a cftmon something or other on there as well.
Are they something I should worry about as well?

Thank you!
:whistling:

Edited by nonosma, 12 May 2007 - 09:34 PM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
The defragmenter program lives in C:\Windows\System32 and its called dfrg.msc.

zbd

zbd

• PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
You only need firewall, antivirus, anti syware at startup. ctfmon can be removed from your startup list but don't remove from computer.

try other free defrag programs.

http://www.majorgeek...frag_d5266.html
http://www.kessels.com/JkDefrag/

1101doc

1101doc

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 909 posts
To simply "turn off" ctfmon Go to :Control Panel>Regional and Language Options>Languages>Details>Advanced, and check the box that says "Turn off advanced text services." If that creates problems, go back and turn it back on. Ctfmon uses a lot of CPU time.