Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cd-rom stuck

• Please log in to reply

Sharon Baldacchino

Sharon Baldacchino

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hello,

I inserted a cd in the dr-rom drive and it got stuck. i press the open button and it turns green, as if it is going to open but nothing happens. what shall i do please? thanks in advance

Sharon

Typing in caps is not needed, hard to read and can be deemed as being rude when trying to ask for FREE help. I have removed the capitalization.

Edited by Fenor, 13 May 2007 - 06:06 AM.

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi Sharon!

Look on the front of your CD-ROM drive, you should see a very small hole on the right below the tray for the CD-ROM drive. What you need to do is get a paperclip and straighten it out and then stick one end into that hole. This hole is the emergency release for the CD-ROM drive in case it won't open.

Fenor

Sharon Baldacchino

Sharon Baldacchino

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Thanks a lot for your fast reply. I did manage to get the cd out but now it won't close :s Is that the end of the driver?

Sharon

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Sounds like it. They are pretty cheap to replace anyways.

Fenor