Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Free Virtual Drive Creator

• Please log in to reply

Malikorx

Malikorx

• PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
I'm looking for a program that will let me mount a CD image to my computer so that I do not have to have the CD in my computer to run the program. Must meet the following criteria:

- Freeware, not a trial
- Windows XP compatible
- Small and simple to use
- Allow virtual mounting of more than one CD image

I would like this program because I play several different games and I don't like having to switch CDs when I want to play a different game.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Daemon Tools will do it.
However some games will refuse to work at all if they spot Daemon Tools and won't fire up without an original CD.

Malikorx

Malikorx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
Is that just an issue with Daemon Tools or CD virtual drives in general? I used Alcohol 120% before for all my games and it worked fine til the trial expired.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Its a "feature" of the game. Some games won't work with any CD emulation software.