Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pc won't boot up

• Please log in to reply

BSNCAPBYY

BSNCAPBYY

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
I was using my pc when all of a sudden it turned to the blue screen and when i restarted it wouldnt boot up, it says it has a hardware problem, please what could my problem be, can you help me asap, i got important information on my pc, i tried using the vista cd tu repair it and it turns into the blue screen again, PLEASEEEEE HELP MEEEEE, I NEEEDDD MY COMPUTERRRR, I BEGG YOU, thanks.

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi. On that blue screen, do you see a message at the bottom left that says something along the lines of: STOP: 0x000000 or something similar?

BSNCAPBYY

BSNCAPBYY

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
Yes it says:

STOP 0X00000050 (0x8768ADA2, 0X00000001, 0x8886DD2A, 0x00000000)
What can this be?

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
The Stop 0x50 message indicates that requested data was not in memory.. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause Stop 0x50 messages.

Possible Resolutions:

* If you added new hardware recently, remove and replace the hardware to determine if it is causing or contributing to the problem.
* Stop 0x50 messages can also occur after installing faulty drivers or system services. Using updated drivers and software is especially important for network interface cards, video adapters, backup programs, multimedia applications, antivirus scanners, and CD mastering tools. If an updated driver is not available, attempt to use a driver from a similar device in the same family. For example, if printing to a Model 1100C printer causes Stop 0x50 errors, using a printer driver meant for a Model 1100A or Model 1000 might temporarily resolve the problem.

Grab this:
http://www.memtest.org/#downiso and download the "Pre-Compiled package for Floppy (DOS - Win)" one. Extract all, run install.bat with a floppy disk and restart the computer to boot off the floppy.

BSNCAPBYY

BSNCAPBYY

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
I put the cd in the pc, it has taking a long time, what should i do now? What does this do anyway?