Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

mozilla firefox

• Please log in to reply

haramrit

haramrit

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
I have windows vista operating system. I am using Mozilla firefox as the web browser. Iwant to uninstall Mozilla completely from my system. Kindly help how can i do that. I have to install Mozilla fresh again without the extensions etc.

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
Go to your Control Panel...programs... and then follow cues to uninstalling mozilla...

haramrit

haramrit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
In my experience, generally the uninstaller never uninstalls the programs completely. The folders are there in the program even after the program is uninstalled, This is only the basic procedure to uninstall the program. What I did was that I even deleted the folders by the name Mozilla manually also. Even then it is not removed completely.

fozziebear

fozziebear

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
Download install and update Ccleaner
Attention : the installation package comes with the Yahoo toolbar
if you do not want that you have to, untick the box accepting it during installation process.

After installing and updating go to options - advanced and tick prompt for registry back ups
Now Start up in safe mode
Do two runs

1) Click on problems and tick all. Click on analyse. At the end you will be prompted for storing a backup.
This will be stored, as a default, in My documents.
2) Click on cleaner click on analyse and accept all files to be removed.

If yu are not sure about removing items please post a list so that we may advise you.