Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

java blues

• Please log in to reply

Jeff_G

Jeff_G

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hey all. Can someone PLEASE help me!?
I run a stock trading program (Alphatrade) from my home office that requires java. Since I updated to java version 6.1 every time I try to run my program, it tells me "runtime environment cannot be loaded"

I have to uninstall using add/remove of course and reinstall to get the program to run again. Sometimes it takes two or three attempts to get it to work. Now I know for sure that it is NOT the trading program or the java program that are glitchy because my partner runs the same setup on his PC with no trouble. Do I have something in my registry perhaps that needs to be rooted out or could there be another program interfering with the runtime environment? I'm not very savvy and I'm at a loss as to what to do. This is costing me money every day and I DESPERATELY need help.

The two errors I get are as follows.

Java™ Plug-in Fatal Error
Runtime environment cannot be loaded.

Java™ Plug-in Fatal Error
Several Java Virtual Machines running at the same time caused an error.

Edited by Jeff_G, 14 May 2007 - 08:06 AM.

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
The problem is likely in your Registry. After you uninstall, make sure you remove all versions, remove the folders that contain any remaining files and edit your registry to remove all keys to the runtime environment. Then you can make a clean install of only one copy. I've always had problems with the installer/downloader package for Sun JRE and ended up downloading the entire JRE before running the installation. I can't help you on the Registry because I don't know where all the keys will be.