Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

problem with linksys wireless-g router

• Please log in to reply

ntf

ntf

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi

i have a problem with a intermitant break in connection.

I went on to broadband and the company used(orange) sent me a box (speedtouch330) but as we have two PC a bought the linksys router.
Dispite the so called quick ease setup claimed on box after much effort i call a mate and we finally got the system working on one one PC. But after about 3 days the system shuts down and even with the green light on on the router the pc will not talk to it. (ps using hardwire not wireless).

The only way i have found to get the system to reconnect is to unplug the phone line from router and use old speed touch box , when conected, unplug phone line and reconect router turn off and on again, and hay presto it work again.

can anybody help with this problem. i have not connected to second pc yet as waiting for 30m cable to arrive. i cant tell if the problem is router or pc based

Cheer

Advertisements