Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Audio/Video Sync Problems After Convert!

• Please log in to reply

Tone Loc

Tone Loc

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
Hello guys & gals! I just recently converted an mpg(vcd) file to DVD(.VOB) format with the WINAVI video converter. Now, the original mpg(vcd) file was in perfect sync before the conversion to DVD. BTW, I'm doing this for a family member because his DVD Player doesn't support (S)VCD playback. I personally have a player capable of playing (S)VCD's so I'm very comfortable doing the conversions of files to these type formats. However, since this is DVD(.VOB) format then this was new to me. I have searched through various sites to find the right program/way to fix an already converted DVD format that has sync problems all throughout the duration. I know you use TMPGEnc to work with the VCD & SVCD format but what about a file already in a DVD format? I'm just not familar with the DVD style & programs needed for this type format. Thanks & all help would be appreciated. :whistling:

Advertisements

leedownen123

leedownen123

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
You could try a freeware program such as DVD Flick. You can't add a menu in DVD Flick, but quality is EXCELLENT! Another program that is good is ConvertX to DVD. It will cost you a little bit, but quality is great and you can add menus.

fkee167

fkee167

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
the free converter such as free win avi converter has 3 disadvantages:
1.it can not support good formats, such as H.264
2.the speed is too slow,and it will need more cpu.
3. you can not change the bit rate easily,that means you should bear this the bigger files~
but for mp4converter, all these can be conquered~