Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firefox unresponsive

• Please log in to reply

1mpul53

1mpul53

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Basicly this is where my troubles started...

Caught some virus that kept deleting js3250.dll, which kept my firefox from being able to be opened up.
I used the Trendmicro housecall scan. It found 8 viruses and deleted all of them except 1 some trojan.downloader.

Wanting to get rid of the last trojen i fired up Ad-Aware, updated it, and started to scan. It found 13 infected process modules. Shortly after my computer restarted itself.

When i tried to reboot i had a couple of blue screens of death. When i finally got in, i got a windows has recovered from a serious error message, i sent im my data. It brought me to a microsoft help center page telling me i got a NuWar virus.

So i restarted in safe-mode. Downloaded and updated AVG, scanned. it found 8 infections and deleted them all. I ran another ad-aware scan and it found the trojan downloader and got rid of it as well.

I get up the next morning to check my e-mail( in normal mode, and reinstalled firefox ) and my firefox wont do anything when i press enter after typing gmail.com( yes i tried the green -->) Internet explorer gives me an error when i do the same thing " Internet Explorer Cannot open the web page" ( Or something like that )

my internet IS working, i was connected to a ventrilo server when i left last night, and i talked to a couple of people on the ventrilo server as soon as i discovered my firefox malfunction.

Edit : The virus is blocking my internet on that computer. As soon as i disconnected from that ventrilo server and tried to reconnect it gave me errors. I turned off aim and tried to log back on, same thing. it wouldnt let me.

Any help you guys can provide is greatly appreciated!

P.S. Halp Halp!

Edited by 1mpul53, 14 May 2007 - 01:59 PM.

Advertisements