Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Kids logic

• Please log in to reply

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Ok my sister is about to have her third child, the eldest who was almost four asked this question.

Is my baby brother going to be a boy brother or a girl brother?

She already has a sister so this one has to be a brother right?

Advertisements

Drumbum667

Drumbum667

• PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
That's pretty funny. What's funnier is for like 3 seconds I didn't get it.

confused_n_lost

confused_n_lost

• Pip
  • 9 posts
had to scratch my head a bit there, but i finally got it... i think =P

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
She did not quite get the point that all brothers are boys. Lucky it was a boy, he is now a few days old. First boy in the family since me. She (the 4 year old) also thought she had the job of naming him, which was kind of funny too.

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
Michael this is a very cute story.

Reminds me about moving house after I separated from my husband. My youngest child at the time was my daughter, 3 yrs old, (with 3 older brothers) and I took them for a drive to look at the new house we would be moving into. I was a little worried about the affect of them having to move to a new home, especially my daughter being younger than the boys. When we drove past the house she yelled with glee .... oh, Mummy, it's pink! She totally loved that house purely because it was pink. When I decided to get a dog shortly after we moved and we had a family meeting about what kind of dog we would get ... she didn't care what kind of dog it was so long as it was pink!

So what did your niece decide to name her brother?

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Elijah is the real name. But in the car when going up to see him the first time she decided he would be called "George". She has dropped it now. But the younger one (2) is calling him "Georgy"

Did you find a pink dog? :whistling: She would like my website in "girl mode" http://codefisher.org/?style=rose. http://codefisher.org/?style=default is much better though.

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
Fortunately she's past her 'pink' stage now! But I should say that her 'pink' stage which was there for many years made it somewhat easy for me for birthdays and special events - all I had to do was make sure everything was pink and she loved it!
Bet your nephew gets called George or Georgy!
I just remembered the funny part of our family meeting about getting a dog. I explained to the children about the responsibility of picking up the poop. My second youngest boy was not too keen on this and when we had a follow up meeting about getting a dog he triumphantly advised that he was not happy about picking up dog poop and that he decided that we should get a duck instead. He was very upset when I explained to him that ducks probably poop more than dogs do.

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
I don't know about ducks, but at least with chickens it is not sticky, and smelly.

EDIT: My little sister is still the the pink stage.

Edited by Michael, 24 May 2007 - 06:00 AM.

Drumbum667

Drumbum667

• PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

My second youngest boy was not too keen on this and when we had a follow up meeting about getting a dog he triumphantly advised that he was not happy about picking up dog poop and that he decided that we should get a duck instead. He was very upset when I explained to him that ducks probably poop more than dogs do.

That made me laugh so hard. A duck.

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
When ever we talked getting a dog, my sisters assigned the job to me. And I was the only one that did not want one.