Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Can't get on a forum

• Please log in to reply

Shacko

Shacko

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
I use AOL favorites. I have one forum that will give me an error 504 half of the time I try to click on. Then I will get on the forum and it will show my screen name and say you are logged on. From that point anything that I click will bring up the same error message.

Tried to email the forum and when I clicked send, got the same error message.

Tried the same address off the favorites, same error.

I have erased my cookies before, but they are replaced as soon as I enter my information.

I don't have a clue what I'm doing, hope someone out there can help, thanks.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Error 504 in relation to a web forum is an issue with the website that the forum is on.

Resolving 504 errors - general

This problem is entirely due to slow IP communication between back-end computers, possibly including your Web server. Only the people who set up the network at the site which hosts the Web server can fix this problem.

Shacko

Shacko

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
Neil Jones: If I understand your reply to my question the owner of the forum is the one that can resolve the prob.? if this is so I have no way to contact them since the only way they have to contact is thru an email, [same error code]

If this is incorrect, bear with me, I'm dumb as a brick on a computer.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
The error may not be caused by the forum itself but its caused by the server that the forum is on.

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Does this error apear on other sites or just this one?

Shacko

Shacko

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Does this error apear on other sites or just this one?

tuxmaster: The problem was on one specific forum.

I assume that other users had the same prob. because it has been fixed without any effort on my part.

Thanks to anyone that responded.