Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Minidump issue but in SP2

• Please log in to reply

Phlegmbot

Phlegmbot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts
Hey, Tux

So I've found that the driver is provided by M-Systems -- there was even an exclamation on top of the symbol for this driver in the Hardware section.

One question, it "recommends" I download their BIOS as well...do I? I JUST downloaded the most-recent BIOS from MS.

This is the page:
http://www.m-systems..._XPEmbedded.htm

Edited by Phlegmbot, 19 May 2007 - 11:17 PM.

Advertisements

Phlegmbot

Phlegmbot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts
Hey, Tux

So I've found that the driver is provided by M-Systems -- there was even an exclamation on top of the symbol for this driver in the Hardware section.

One question, it "recommends" I download their BIOS as well...do I? I JUST downloaded the most-recent BIOS from MS.

This is the page:
http://www.m-systems..._XPEmbedded.htm

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
When you upgrade your BIOS upgrade it from your Mainboard manufacture see if they also have a chipset driver.

Phlegmbot

Phlegmbot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts
Tux,

Sorry to be so thick, but...okay, well...

1) are you saying NOT to utilize their BIOS file?
and
2) how do I know who created the motherboard?

Thx!!

Phlegmbot

anzenketh

anzenketh

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Did you build this computer or was it manufactured?

Phlegmbot

Phlegmbot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts
Tux,

It was manufactured (by Toshiba btw...and I'd recommend everyone stay away from their products based on the worst experience I've ever had [nothing to do with this issue, but ... yeesh!]).

Phelgmbot

p.s. sorry for the delay in replying -- I actually responded yesterday but the comment didn't post for some reason.

anzenketh

anzenketh

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Then you would want to upgrade the BIOS from Toshibas website and any other drivers.

I personaly own a toshiba and have had little issues.

Phlegmbot

Phlegmbot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts
Thanks, Tux. Will do.

As for the issues with the Toshiba, in brief:
1. their Tech help in Thailand is not staffed with techies. Their ONLY knowledge comes out of a listing they have which matches up problems with solutions. For any and every problem not in their book, they are directed to tell users to use the utility disk to wipe the HDD and start over.

2. My CD/DVD player (which I rarely use) stopped working by the 4th month of ownership. I was directed to send the computer in to their U.S. repair center. They held onto my computer for 3 weeks, which is about 2 weeks more than Dell will hold on to your computer (and Dell offers a temp replacement if the issue is NOT your fault and within warranty)...and it came back with 2 USB drives not working, the wireless only detects connections about 50% of the time now, and there're other minor issues.

Crazy, huh?

Anyway, thanks again for ALL of your help.