Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

General Questions about AMD processor

• Please log in to reply

Compnoobie

Compnoobie

• PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
Hi. I've never used a computer with an AMD processer. I'm looking at a particular laptop, with AMD turion tl-50. It seems to be a lot cheaper than the intel duo processors, but are they just as good? Are they just as compatible with all my software and games? thx.

O, and also.. if anyone could tell me about intel 950 GMA and how it is.. could that play games like civ iv? support aero on vista? thx again.

Edited by Compnoobie, 15 May 2007 - 06:52 PM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
AMD Processors are usually a lot cheaper than Intel in most areas. The figures are performance ratings. They have no effect on the software in any way whatsoever.

Intel 950 GMA is onboard graphics which are rubbish for anything other than day-to-day work. They will not handle heavy games, even if they do said games will look blocky.

Compnoobie

Compnoobie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
So.. i forgot to mention it was Turion X2, which is 64 bit. Will it affect any software then?

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
it depends more on what os you run. if you run vista 64 bit then it probably will.... I don't know how well vista 64 works with 32 bit software.... the turion can candle 32 bit stuff just fine...

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Yes, what it really should say is "64 bit compatable". You will have no issues unless you use a 64bit operating system.