Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Registry & RunDLL error :( (WinXP)

• Please log in to reply

demoncrest

demoncrest

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hello there everyone ...

I Have recently been getting a few errors and I only think I have hints of what they have to deal with. First of all, I have an error which pops up saying that "scvhost.exe" could not be found, then also another terminal error message saying it cannot be loaded .... (this was to do with the fact that the scvhost.exe was found to have some malware/virus properties and since it was infected it was deleted.... (common virus taking after the real SVChost.exe I have heard.) ). Anyways, for that I was just curious where I would go in the registry to delete which seems to be looking for it since it stops my computer from loading up windows until I just click ok to them.

Secondly, I have been receiving an odd RunDLL error and I am not sure if I should be worried about malware or anything, or what steps I should take to this ... here is a picture of the error...

Posted Image

I have tried searching google for that dll, but didnt turn out with very much informaiton at all ... found no website that know of it anyways... :help:

If anyone can provide some solutions to these I would be extremely thankful since it makes me curious and a bit annoyed each time I have to see them haha :whistling:

THANKS TO ALL IN ADVANCE FOR JUST READING :blink: !!

Edited by demoncrest, 15 May 2007 - 09:11 PM.

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.