Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Exchange 2003

• Please log in to reply

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
I have a mail / DNS question. I have a couple of customer domains that mail is constantly being delayed to. Is there a way I can make sure mail gets to them, sometimes it will even fail all together.

I was thinking about adding their IP and domain to maybe DNS? Or somehow tell the exchange server what their IP is.

Anyone know?

Thanks

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
sounds more like an issue with their DNS or an issue with your public DNS servers finding theirs...i would assume that youv'e verified all or your DNS information with your ISP? have you added any of your ISPs DNS servers into your DNS system as forwarders? i've got all of the available DNS servers for my ISP set as forwarders in my DNS system...you could also add a few public DNS servers in there if you felt the need to do so...

if you know the ip of their mail server (or at least their MX record) you could attempt to set up an SMTP connector for their domain within exchange...that way instead of going out to the internet...the mail will go directly to that IP address

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
When I get the dns servers from my ISP where do you add them? I guess I need a little bit of the detailed steps.

Thanks

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
hehehe

well...you would log on to your DNS server and open up the DNS snapin then right click on the DNS server in the snapin and choose properties then go to the forwarders tab...you would put your ISP's DNS servers in the part for "all other DNS domains" which counts as the internet...so basically...when a PC on your network requests info from any domain that's not yours...it will automatically ask those servers instead of going through the normal DNS chain

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
Ok I got ya. Thank you.

First I will do that, then I will get the IPs of those couple customer domains and setup a smtp connection for them.

Thanks I appreciate it.