Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WEBCAM DRIVER

• Please log in to reply

puertoricofishing

puertoricofishing

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have an IC435C webcam from micro inovations which used to work with my computer before installing a new hard drive. Now that I installed the new hard drive the webcam will not work.
I installed the driver, but it doesn't work anyway.
When I go to device manager CIF SINGLE CHIP comes out with a yellow question mark. if i go to CIF SINGLE CHIP PROPERTIES the Device status is : This device is not configured correctly. (Code 1) To reinstall the drivers for this device, click Reinstall Driver. I click on Reinstall Driver and I get a Message saying CANNOT INSTALL THIS HARDWARE; The hardware was not installed because the wizard cannot find the necessary software.
Now I don't know what to do.
The cam used to work fine before I put the new hard drive on, but now it just will not work...
Any Help Will Be Appreciated...

Advertisements

GodSpeed005

GodSpeed005

• PipPip
  • 83 posts
Your webcam should have came with a software CD if you purchased it yourself. Would you still happen to have this CD handy? If so, I'd try running the installation wizard from the CD. Tryed to locate this software online but was unsuccessful.

puertoricofishing

puertoricofishing

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for the reply.
I do have the CD but it is ruined. It launches, but it will not install any driver. I contacted the customer care center and they sent me to a site where I downloaded the driver for IC435C. I downloaded the driver with no problem. I installed it, but it still doesn't work.
I went to Windows XP device manager and i looked for the device and found CIF Single Chip in Yellow with a question mark. I right clicked on it and clicked on update driver, went through the process but it says that the driver can not be installed.
This has me so frustrated, because I know that the webcam worked before I had the new harddrive installed. But, the technician at the customer service center tells me that windows xp might not recognize this webcam. So, in other words I should get a new cam.
How can it be that it doesn't work now, but it did before I had the new hard drive installed?

puertoricofishing

puertoricofishing

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I also went to CONTROL PANEL > PRINTERS AND OTHER HARDWARE > ADD HARDWARE = and got an error message that reads "You can install only one device at a time. Another device installation is underway, when it is finished you can try this wizard again.".
The thing is that I am not installing another hardware and don't know how to stop the instalation if it is happenening by its self. I was told by another technician to bring up TASK MANAGER and look for the task and end it. But what is that task?

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Try this - unplug the camera, completely uninstall anything to do with it (drivers, programs - look in "Add or Remove Programs" under the Control Panel), reboot your computer, re-install your drivers using the latest program (the one you downloaded), and then plug the camera in once that's finished.