Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Disk space floating away

• Please log in to reply

Workyoubeauty

Workyoubeauty

• Pip
  • 9 posts
My hard drive is showing a continous drop in space, but nothing is running in the back ground or foreground.

Also I'm running real slow. This is the only thing I've changed:

I just changed my dvd drive, but I don't see how that would affect anything. My hard drive jumper is cable connect and this new disk drive is set on master, but different cables. The old one was set to cable connect so should I set the new disk drive jumper to cable connect?

make it go away, please.

Advertisements

Wlkingman

Wlkingman

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Actually, when there are 2 on the same cable your best bet is to set the jumpers to 'master' and 'slave' accordingly.

I don't see how that could slow down your computer, but see if changing the jumpers helps any. Personally it sounds like you've got some pests on board.