Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Troubles With Monitor When Starting Games

• Please log in to reply

spartan011

spartan011

• Pip
  • 4 posts
i have a nVidia GeFroce 6100 graphic card and my monitor is samsung`s syncmaster 500b ...

problem:

when i start certain games - like sparta ancient war , for exapmple , my monitor goes to stand by mode... i can hear the game running in the background over the speakers but i cant make the monitor to work...

i`ve tried changing the resolution .... nope.... tried with changing refresh rates.... nope

anyone with an idea or two on how to make this a thing of the past???

PLEASE !!!

Advertisements

Wlkingman

Wlkingman

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Is this your first time trying to run these games on this computer?
How old is this computer?
How much memory does your GFX card have?

spartan011

spartan011

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
well it is the first time i try to run SPARTA but it also happens when i try to run Civ3 which used to run on my computer before :whistling:
the computer is fairly new, couple of months not older ... i mean it runs thigs like command and conquer 3 with no problems...

Wlkingman

Wlkingman

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Try re-installing the drivers.

Do you have more than one GFX card? Sometimes the motherboard comes with one.

spartan011

spartan011

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
yes , ive tried reinstaling the drivers and no i dont have more than one card .....

i obviously have no idea what it is about but would it run if it was a problem caused by the GFX card ? i can hear the intro , and the game running in the background ... i just cant make the monitor work....

Edited by spartan011, 16 May 2007 - 12:22 PM.

Wlkingman

Wlkingman

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
This is my last idea, if it doesn't work you'll have to wait for someone else to pick up this post:

This used to happen to me a while back. I can't remember what the problem was but I remember that hitting alt+tab to minimize it then bringing it back up helped.

If this doesn't help then I'm sorry. Someone else should stumble into this post.

spartan011

spartan011

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
nope doesnt work :whistling:

Wlkingman

Wlkingman

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Have you tried searching the game creators' websites? They often times have very elaborate tech-support and FAQ's there.