Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

firefox doesn't open at all!

• Please log in to reply

platinum gold

platinum gold

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
I have run firefox on this pc (XP Pro) with no problems last month, but since I started using opera recently I couldnt get firefox to open this month.

I've uninstalled firefox, re-downloaded it, and installed it again with no open programs in the background at the time of doing so, still won't open.

Any idea why this might be happening?

My system should be very clean too because I have had some HijackThis logs examined and ran all the usual anti-spyware/virus etc and my system should be very clean now.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Shouldn't have anything to do with it I know, but have you tried uninstalling Opera first and then re-installing Firefox?

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi platinum gold...

Does the Safe Mode version of Firefox open? Click Start, point to All Programs and choose Mozilla Firefox (Safe Mode). If that will open, it may be a corrupt theme that is causing the problem.

wannabe1

Clark76

Clark76

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 34 posts
platinum gold

If Firefox still does not open with either pip22 or wannabe1's suggestions see this link:
http://kb.mozillazin...#Profile_locked

To me it sounds like your profile has gotten locked.