Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

lost Outlook files

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I was sent an upgrade for my imate jasjam followed all the instructions contacted tech help to check when unsure and did everything as instructed. In the middle of restoring my backup files the upgrade kicked in again and re installed I am told it does not do this??? in the process of this happening my contacts list that was saved in microsoft outlook which was in the middle of being restored was halved. I now only have contacts from I-H all others are missing. is there some way to retrieve these from my laptop xp system? Vivienne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Hi vivienne. Welcome to Geeks to Go!

You're missing contacts in the phone and the laptop? Do those two sets match?

When you say you were restoring the backup files, exactly what were you restoring and to where?

Check the Deleted folder in Outlook, just to verify that the missing Contacts didn't end up there.