Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hard Drive Question

• Please log in to reply

wendy k. walker

wendy k. walker

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
Hi Everyone,

I have an emachine EDIT: T2260 not T2200 that I want to add another hard drive too. I have another PC that isn't being used and I want to know if I can take one of the hard drives out of it and put it into the emachine?

Thanks,
Wendy

Edited by wendy k. walker, 17 May 2007 - 04:51 PM.

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
You would first need to open the case and make sure there is a place to mount another hard drive. eMachines tend to be a bit short on the power supply so adding stuff is a little dicey. It might be simpler just to get a USB2.0 enclosure for the drive, change the jumpers to cable select, and put it in the enclosure. Does the eMachne have a USB2.0, aka enhanced USB jack?

washout

washout

• PipPip
  • 93 posts
The advice contained in this post has been removed because it included references to practise's which could be potentially harmful to the original poster's computer and anyone within its close vicinity

Edited by Keith, 17 May 2007 - 08:07 AM.

wendy k. walker

wendy k. walker

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
Hi Tyger,

Thanks for the reply. Yeah there is a bay for another hard drive and there is one more connection on the ribbon thing that connects to the hard drive.

So what do I do just stick one in there and plug it in? I have an emachine T2260 and it has a bunch of those USB plug in things but I don't know if they are the enhanced kind or not. How do I find that out?

Hi washout,
Thanks for trying Boo, hey that SN sounds kind of military... are you in the service?

Hi Keith,
*moving my little pooch out of harms way* So it looked like that bit of info might have caused my maching to go "Boom" did it? Thanks for keeping a sharp eye on this thing.

Wendy