Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

formatting or deleting files on an extra added hard drive

• Please log in to reply

Laurie ann

Laurie ann

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
Hi, ok please if you could help me though I am not sure how to explain this as I know not much about computers ok, I have bought a 2nd hand pc from this girl that I wont let touch it now as she keeps doing things to it and one thing she has done is moved the C: drive to G: and installed a new C: drive so now the pc has all the old windows and os and program files on G: drive and a new windows and os on C: drive and also there is a D: drive that has a folder called back up on it but thats only 700mb in size and windows keep telling me its running out of disk space so i need to either make that larger or remove D: (i think its just a partition) and my main question is can i format G: drive and make it just a storage space without windows on it can I delete everything on it? and if I can how do I do it? and it wont effect my pc's os will it if I remove the windows off of it? oh the C: drive is 20GB and the G: drive is 40GB and the D: drive is 700mb. I hope someone can help me and I hope i put this in the right section oh and the os is windows xp professional.
thank you
Laurie.

Edited by Laurie ann, 17 May 2007 - 11:00 AM.

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
If you have windows and all your other programs and documents that you need on C: then you can format G: and wipe every thing. Before doing this please note that there is is no way back.

To format G: go to My Computer, right click on G: and choose the format option.

I hope I understood the topic correctly and that you are going to be left with everything that you need on C: which has the new installation. Please double check and make sure that this is what you want.