Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

computer sound really low

• Please log in to reply

acehardy

acehardy

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
Hi I have an ASUS P4R800-VM board with Soundmax audio onboard. But even when turned up all the way you can hardly hear the audio. I know its not the speaker as I tested them on another machine.

Advertisements

dflo404

dflo404

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
Double click on the volume icon in the tray where the time is displayed. It should bring you to a window with a bunch of meters. Make sure none of them are muted, and try playing around with some of the meters, bringing a few up and a few down and testing the sound.

acehardy

acehardy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
Hi I tried that maxed all the meters even in advanced not really loud like my other machine. You can barely here my all maxed.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
when you did as suggested above, did you choose OPTIONS, PROPERTIES and check all the boxes to reveal additional sound controls?

acehardy

acehardy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
correct opened all tht advanced settings.

;) :tazz: