Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Any way to save passwords in firefox, like opera does?

• Please log in to reply

platinum gold

platinum gold

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
I'm liking firefox but Opera's advantage over firefox is that it can store passwords and get straight into my usual passworded member sites by clicking the magic wand button.

Is there a similar feature in firefox where i can save passwords for certain sites log ins, with just a button press to get in?

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Check the Security tab under Tools/Options.

Ron

platinum gold

platinum gold

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
thanks!

next step is now to see if i can have it only for certain websites, and to click to go in, rather than just going 'straight in', for my own security reasons.. if someone was on my pc and went to one of my bookmarks, i doubt they would know what the wand was for, so its handy, only i seem to know to 'click' that icon to let me in, if you know what i mean.

keithr128

keithr128

• PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
There is an extension called inform enter for firefox that I think is good

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
You don't need any extra extension for using FF's Password. Just set up your own Master Password to keep anyone else from being able to access your sites with the passwords saved. This is set up from the same Security tab.

Ron

keithr128

keithr128

• PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
The only reason I recommended Inform Enter is because platinum gold would only like it to work on certain sites, not every one which is what using the master password feature would do.

Edited by keithr128, 17 May 2007 - 07:44 PM.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Sorry, I wasn't putting down Inform Enter. Only the fact an extension wasn't necessary. It will only work on the sites that she submits the password to at any rate. There's an option to enter sites that she doesn't want information saved. Personally, I like RoboForm Extension for Firefox which I've used for years. I'm sure the more options offered here the better for original poster.

Ron

platinum gold

platinum gold

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
I'm going to try each option and see how I go.

Can I add the 2 diff add ons suggested or can i only have one of them added onto firefox at one particular time?

keithr128

keithr128

• PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
Well, either way you decide to go platinum gold, good luck and happy surfing.
Yes , you can add both extensions to Firefox.