Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer scrolling problem

• Please log in to reply

arichards

arichards

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I had to reinstall XP Pro yesterday do to a corruption. Now I have a new problem. When I use the page down or up arrows, the screen doesn't scroll smoothly, it acts as a wave. I am not sure how to reset this.
Please help. Thanks

Advertisements

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
In what way what were the steps you took to reinstall?

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi arichards...

Open Internet Options from Control Panel and click on the "Advanced" tab. Does "Smooth Scrolling" have a check mark next to it? How about the mouse properties (also from Control Panel)? Under the "Wheel" tab, there should be a scrolling entry or two there, too, depending on the software for your mouse.

wannabe1

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts

I had to reinstall XP Pro yesterday do to a corruption.

You need to install the chipset and video drivers for your computer. If you don't know how to do this, please tell us what the make and model number is if you have a prebuilt computer like a Dell, HP, Compaq, etc...

Fenor