Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Vista, ICS, Xbox 360.

• Please log in to reply

Devilhog

Devilhog

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok, talk about problems.

First of, I got windows vista 32 bit premium.

Ive hooked up the xbox 360 to my computer directly using the onboard network and a Xover cable.

I bought a wireless card and installed it to connect to my buddies internet connection next door.

Now he has set it up for WEP sharred and I got a perfect connection with my computer. So I do have Net access.

But I have yet to be able to share that connection with Vista's ICS and my xbox. Ive tried basicly everything I know about networking but its not really a whole lot.

I have a Dlink WDA-2320 and i have been able to temperarly share my internet connection with a windows xp computer but never had full network access with the other computer.

I'll be home shortly so I can give some more info on my setup and the hardware of the onboard network adapter.

Ohh and I usualy had everything to auto detect ip's and stuff. Not to sure on what I would manualy put into the xbox and into windows.

Edited by Devilhog, 17 May 2007 - 10:00 PM.

Advertisements